3.8. Trouble shooting installation
Although installation is quite simple there can be some pitfalls that we and our users have experienced during installing ScriptBasic. To help you we list the possible error.
- Symptom Some programs do not run, but claim that the binary version was created for a different build of ScriptBasic. Cause and solution There is binary cache file for the programs, which is younger than the source of the basic programs but was created by a previous installation. Delete the content of the cache directory.
- Symptom Apache (or IIS) claims internal server error when running CGI scripts. Cause and solution There can be several causes. The most probable ones:
- You forgot to start the program using #! /usr/bin/scriba
- The basic program is not executable by nobody (or the web daemon user)
- The code of ScriptBasic `/usr/bin/scriba' is owned by root and is not executable by the user nobody.
- The configuration file contains invalid data.
- The file names in the configuration miss the trailing /The Windows NT registry string HKLM\Software\ScriptBasic\config is missing or points to an invalid configuration file.