Support > Source

Compiling the source in Windows

<< < (2/5) > >>

Support:
I assume your trying to compile under Windows XP?

Peter (author) compiled the distribution under VS7 if I remember correctly.

try setup --NT on your command line.

John

paopao:
Hi John,

well thanks again for your support.

Yes, I have Win XP and VS6. I guess it should compile with not so many hassles :)

I checked and checked the messages I was getting.

The first were about nmake and I downloaded it from MS, then I realised I had it in my VS folder but it was not being executed and it also looked as some files could not be included because their path was not set.

At least I realised that for an unknown reason some variables and paths were not set properly so I used VCVARS32.BAT and things improved a lot.

Some modules cannot be compiled yet but I got scriba.exe and other files in the bin folder.

I'm trying to compile scribacmd. Once again I realised I should include libscriba.lib in the link tab and it looks to me that some functions cannot be called yet (scriba_SetFileName for example). Am I missing something?

By the way, if I may ask you, how do you use ScriptBasic? Embedded in your software or how? Have you added some commands, compiled some source? It would be useful to have some sample projects or part of them in the forum.

As soon as I get some samples working fine and all times I will be more than happy to post mine here.

See you,
Roberto

P.S. Btw there is no need for the --NT option as setup.cmd has only one line: perl setup.pl --nt %*

Support:
I use ScriptBasic scripts on my Linux box to talk to a real estate (MLS) web service to get listing and photo data.

I'm currently working on a Aestiva HTMLOS conversion to the ScriptBasic Application Server. (sbhttpd w/Apache interface)

You might try to get your hands on VS7 and try the compile as that is what the make files are setup for.

BTW: The 2.1 release has everything compiled and ready to run for Windows. Unless you need to enhance the Basic, compiling the source isn't a requirement.

John

Marcel:
Hi,

I'm curious how the project is evolving.

Support:
ScriptBasic is a mature / stable offering. It has 10 years of hard work invested by the author. I use it exclusively for all my utility scripting and web projects.

I think you will be very happy with ScriptBasic.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version