Author Topic: Linux precompile?  (Read 21183 times)

E.K.Virtanen

Linux precompile?
« on: February 16, 2007, 01:07:59 PM »
Quote from: "website"

Precompiled binaries for Linux may be available later

Is there chance that they come sometime?

Im pretty noob with linux and when i tried to use *nix package from website and followed instructions, i received this.

ekvirtanen@ekvirtanen-desktop:~/Levy2/scriptBASIC$ sudo dpkg --install scriba-v2.0b1-1_i386.deb
Password:
dpkg: error processing scriba-v2.0b1-1_i386.deb (--install):
 cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
 scriba-v2.0b1-1_i386.deb

Ubuntu Dapper.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Linux precompile?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 05:42:57 PM »
I have compliled working ScriptBasic 2.10 binaries for Linux Red Hat Enterprise 4 (or recompiles like CentOS). I have been using the binaries for over a year now and the examples in this forum (Source Code) are using them as well on this server.

Send me a e-mail with somethng "ScriptBasic" in the subject line so I can pluck it out of my spam folder and I'll send you my set.

John Spikowski
ScriptBasic Project Manager

E.K.Virtanen

Linux precompile?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 02:38:19 AM »
Hi.

Been "bit" busy in past weeks. I did send an email to you.
Thanks.

E.K.Virtanen

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Linux precompile?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 02:45:06 AM »
Did you add "ScriptBasic" to your subject line as reqested? Most e-mails that I have not responded to before get dumped in my spam folder.

Please resend !

John

E.K.Virtanen

Linux precompile?
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 10:38:03 AM »
Hi.

Uh, i were "out there" for few months. I just resend email to you with ScriptBasic at subject line. Email comes from xxx.xxx@netikka.fi

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Linux precompile?
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 11:10:46 AM »
You could try using the CentOS  (Red Hat recompile) binaries I posted to the forum. I will try them on my Ubuntu VM and see if they work in the next few days.

John

E.K.Virtanen

Linux precompile?
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 10:22:45 PM »
Thanks.

I will try when i get back to home. Depending of work, it might take anything between 10 hours to 3 days.

E.K.Virtanen

Linux precompile?
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 11:52:17 AM »
Quote from: "support"
You could try using the CentOS  (Red Hat recompile) binaries I posted to the forum. I will try them on my Ubuntu VM and see if they work in the next few days.

John

Sorry, cant make it work  :cry:

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Linux precompile?
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 11:12:59 PM »

Ubuntu, a newly popular desktop distribution maintained by Canonical that is derived from Debian

I pretty sure Peter (author) uses the Debian distro and there may even be a --switch with the 'setup' script.

Please post something here if your willing to share your ScriptBasic  2.1 Linux binaries with Basic programmers that may not have the skills to compile the code on their own. I know there is a request for working BSD set of binaries on the table.

John

E.K.Virtanen

Linux precompile?
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 03:08:17 AM »
IF someone has working binaries for ubuntu i would be pleased to have them. I just cant install from sources here. No clue why not but problems after problems.

E.K.Virtanen

E.K.Virtanen

Linux precompile?
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 03:44:51 AM »
Hi, me again  :oops:

I tried to install latest src to my ubuntu 8.04 but i got like 10 pages of errors. I really wish ubuntu package comes someday since most of new linux users from basic scene are using ubuntu.

Anyone installed scriba for ubuntu? Would be nice to get tutorial for it. Maybe even for PCopy too?

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Linux precompile?
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 07:49:48 PM »
E.K.,

I compiled ScriptBasic on Ubuntu 8.04 without any problems. Make sure your dependencies are installed. Also make sure that your using the fixes Peter made for gcc 4.x. If you post a link to a copy of your compile results, maybe we can give you some suggestions to get a clean compile on your system.

John

E.K.Virtanen

Linux precompile?
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 01:06:21 AM »
Hi.

I have gcc 4.0 installed, practically everything about it. I downloaded .zip package you mentioned but still get's more than 2000 lines of error. End looks like this
scriba executable FAIL
sbhttpd executable FAIL
libscriba library FAIL
MODULE cgi:      dll OK   lib OK   bas OK  
MODULE curl:     dll FAIL lib FAIL bas OK  
MODULE odbc:     dll FAIL lib FAIL bas OK  
MODULE mt:       dll FAIL lib FAIL bas OK  
MODULE gd:       dll FAIL lib OK   bas OK  
MODULE psql:     dll FAIL lib FAIL bas OK  
MODULE re:       dll OK   lib OK   bas OK  
MODULE trial:    dll OK   lib OK   bas OK  
MODULE zlib:     dll OK   lib OK   bas OK  
MODULE hash:     dll OK   lib OK   bas OK  
MODULE ux:       dll OK   lib OK   bas OK  
MODULE curses:   dll OK   lib OK   bas OK  
MODULE bdb:      dll FAIL lib FAIL bas OK  
MODULE t:        dll OK   lib OK   bas OK  
MODULE dbg:      dll OK   lib OK   bas OK  
MODULE mysql:    dll FAIL lib FAIL bas OK  
MODULE xml:      dll FAIL lib FAIL bas OK

Is there any list of depedencies somewhere?

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Linux precompile?
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 04:10:59 PM »
Do you have any development tools installed at all?  :(

I would first try getting scriba to compile which should catch the scriba library and httpd versions as well.

The rest are missing dependencies. If your having problems, compile each module one and a time and look at the dependency file located in each extension directory for what you might be missing. Another problem you might be having is that ScriptBasic may be looking for the .so's in /usr/lib and under Ubuntu they are located in /usr/local/lib. Update your LD config to reflect where your libraries reside.

If your using gcc 4.x then you need to update the source with Peter's fixes. (posted in the download section)

I have a working set so I know if you have your system setup correctly you will achieve a clean compile.  If this seems like too much work for you, I could tar a set of binaries for you to work with till you get things working with your development tools.

John
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:28:43 PM by support »