Author Topic: ScriptBasic JAPI 2.0 (release canidate)  (Read 20148 times)

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ScriptBasic JAPI 2.0 (release canidate)
« on: May 23, 2013, 06:52:04 PM »
I have attached a JAPI 2.0 release candidate for ScriptBasic Windows 32. Feedback and example code would be appreciated.

Note: For those still interested in the AWT version, you should download the latest 1.x release. Version 2.0 is based on Swing.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 06:56:02 PM by support »

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptBasic JAPI 2.0 (release canidate)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 08:38:34 PM »
I plan on releasing a generic JAPI 2.0 DLL for Windows 32. I have 50% of the API defined in DLLC. My goal with this effort is to try JAPI in a multi-threaded environment. (JRE is suppose to be thread safe)

The author of JAPI created a very cool C program that builds the ScriptBasic C extension module source from the Java source. I only noticed one side effect and that is if the function call has a NULL argument, it is counted in the required argument count check. The following functions currently need an additional argument. ("" or 0)  I will fix this in the next release candidate.

• j_filedialog
  • j_fileselect
  • j_gettext
  • j_getseltext

My next task is to cleanup the deprecated Java code that doesn't seem to be supported on 64 bit Linux.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:23:07 PM by support »

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptBasic JAPI 2.0 (release canidate)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 08:41:52 PM »
I fixed the argument count issue with japi.dll (extension module) and it now matches the JAPI documentation for these functions. (no extra argument needed) I have attached a zip with japi.dll and the corrected example programs.

Functions effected.

j_filedialog
j_fileselect
j_gettext
j_getseltext

Example programs effected.

filedialog.bas
viewer.bas
menu.bas
text.bas