Support > Debugger

Debugger progress

<< < (3/6) > >>

Support:
Dave,

I was curious if you made any progress at allowing the IDE/Debugger to display properties and methods of COM objects?

I have been looking at your code and seeing if I could make a IUP version of the IDE/Debugger for Linux.

John

dzzie:
The COM.dll for scriba.exe does include the following methods:

--- Code: ---declare sub DescribeInterface alias "DescribeInterface" lib "com"
declare sub TypeName alias "TypeName" lib "com"

Usage:
DescribeInterface(obj)
strName =  TypeName(obj)

--- End code ---

DescribeInterfacewill pop up its own form that shows basic prototypes for each method.
TypeName will just return a string based name

I did include TypeName in the IDE\Debugger, but not DescribeInterface. Public ActiveX objects usually have
documentation that provides context, so a runtime dump isnt as helpful as initial imagined. Also you can use a
typelibrary viewer to view the same information in a better interface, usually with a search option. TLB viewer is
just a way better way to go than a dumb runtime dump.

So use typename to get the name of the object, then a type library viewer or docs is the best way to go for com
development.

GSAC3:
DAVE:

Do you have a version of your Debugger that is built with ScriptBasic version 2.2b2?

The one I downloaded from GITHUB seems to be built using an older version of ScriptBasic that does not include the rad function that John added to 2,2b2.

Don

Support:
Don,

I hope to rebuild Dave's COM / IDE project this weekend with the current source. I don't know if I will be able to create the install program though.

FYI The RAD and other 14 math functions were added by Tom for the 2.2 release. Tom's math additions and Peter's fix for LIKE is about all that was effected in scriba. Most of the Script BASIC 2.2 release enhancements are extension module based.

John

Support:
Don,

Here is the rebuild of Dave's Script BASIC IDE/Debugger with the 2.2 enhancements. (Tom's math functions and Peter's LIKE fix)

John

The sb_engine.dll should be the only file you need to update. I included a VB6 recompile of the SBDebug.exe and called it SBIDE.exe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version