Author Topic: ScriptBasic LiveDev  (Read 23147 times)

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ScriptBasic LiveDev
« on: October 02, 2013, 01:40:43 PM »
ScriptBasic developers and advocates,

I have setup a Cloud9 IDE online development interface for the ScriptBasic project. I currently have the ScriptBasic 2.2 runtime environment working and plan a source code workspace with a Github interface. (stay tuned for announcement)

Here is the runtime project site and you need at least a FREE membership to Cloud9 IDE for access. Leave me a message here with your C9IDE user ID that you would like R/W access and ability to create example programs and test the SB 2.2 pre-release.

https://c9.io/scriptbasic/sb22

FYI - If your only interest is to try ScriptBasic 2.2 and don't want to sign up for Cloud9 IDE, the CompileOnline.com site gives you instance access to the ScriptBasic IDE to run your scripts without having to join a thing.

Note: CompileOnline.com only supports SQLite3 and not MySQL.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 02:08:45 PM by support »

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptBasic LiveDev
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 08:53:50 AM »
It looks like Cloud9 IDE isn't as robust as I thought and is more restrictive than developing on a non-rooted Android device .  :-\ I would say it's more tailored for web scripting development than language development.

The CompileOnline.com option is the best way to try ScriptBasic before downloading a copy for yourself.

kryton9

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 08:03:51 PM »
CompileOnline is great for when not at home and want to study coding and write code. Thanks so much John!

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 10:50:36 AM »
ScriptBasic 2.2 CentOS 64 bit (Red Hat clone) runs great on CompileOnline.com. If someone is curious if SB can fill their needs, this is a great way to find out.

montanan

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:46:30 PM »
It's really great to have the versions running on Cloud9 and CompileOnline.

Thanks very much for setting these up, John.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 11:24:12 PM »
I have all the Script BASIC extension modules installed on CompileOnline. The only ones that aren't installed is the MySQL and ODBC ext. module as the site owner is afraid of excessive use. The SQLite3, cURL, GD, T, RE, HASH modules seem to work fine. If you need to upload data files to a CompileOnline Script Basic session, use the curl extension module. Once the session exits (after downloading the project) all files are deleted that were created by the session. I don't know if there are any disk size limitations per session or not. The other nice feature is you can download your complete project in a zip.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:13:47 PM by support »