Extension Modules > Extension Modules

JAPI - ScriptBasic Java GUI extension module

<< < (2/3) > >>

Support:
I rebuilt the JAPI.jar for Windows using JDK 1.7 and then rebuilt the ScriptBasic japi.dll extension module. Another benefit of this update is that Java is using Windows theming to some degree with AWT which I've only seen with Java Swing. This ended up taking some time so I hope you appreciate the effort. The zip includes everything you need (+ examples and required images) to run JAPI with ScriptBasic on Windows.

Windows 32 JAPI Attached  (updated 5/21/2013 5pm pst)

Support:
Good News!

I was able to compile the Swing version of JAPI for Linux which is a big improvement on the visual front. Not all the examples work but most seem to be compatible with the AWT original JAPI.jar. I need to do more testing before trying this on Windows.

Support:
I attached a zip of the ScriptBasic JAPI Swing beta for Linux 64 I'm working on. (and the examples I tested) Scripts with a prefixed single underscore run but are lacking in some way. Scripts with a prefixed of two underscores cause Java runtime errors. All other scripts seem to work. I install Oracle JRE/JDK replacing OpenJDK/IceTea. I seem to be missing the meter/led components as the program just hangs. Please let me know if the JAPI swing version meter and led demos work for you.

--- Code: ---alert.sb
borderlayout.sb
button.sb
canvas.sb
_choice.sb
__colorpicker.sb
componentlistener.sb
cursor.sb
__dialogmodal.sb
__dialog.sb
digits.sb_hang
__drawables.sb
filedialog.sb
__flowlayout.sb
flowsimple.sb
_focuslistener.sb
__font.sb
frame.sb
graphicbutton.sb
graphiclabel.sb
_graphic.sb
__gridlayout.sb
__image.sb
_insets.sb
keylistener.sb
__label.sb
lines.sb
_listmultiple.sb
_list.sb
mandel1.sb
__mandel2.sb
mandel.sb
__menu.sb
mousebuttons.sb
mouselistener.sb
__panel.sb
__popupmenu.sb
print.sb
radiobutton.sb
_rubberband.sb
_scaledimage.sb
scrollbar.sb
scrollpane.sb
__simple.sb
_text.sb
video.sb
_viewer.sb
vumeter.sb_hang
_windowlistener.sb
window.sb

--- End code ---

Support:
I rebuilt the JAPI.jar file using swing and created a new japi.dll to put in your SB modules directory. So far all the example programs I tried work great and with a better UI. Let me know how it works for you.

I'm really happy with this version of the JAPI extension module for Windows 32. This is a must have upgrade if you plan on playing with this.

My JAPI issues on Linux may be 64 bit related or the 1.7 JDK under Linux dropped support for legacy AWT deprecated functionality. I have 100 warnings in the Java JAPI.jar build that need to be addressed before moving forward with any enhancements to the library.

The goal is to be able to create UI interfaces like these from the ScriptBasic JAPI extension module. We have a good start in that direction.

I feel comfortable enough with this JAPI Windows release that I'm going to put together a JAPI 2.0 release candidate together with the fixed SB scripts.

If you prefer the traditional Windows XP theme ...

You have to see this live to appreciate it. (animation is GREAT!)

Updated japi.dll (swing enabled extension module) attached

Support:
This verifies that the issues I'm having with JAPI 2.0 on Ubuntu 64 are deprecated function related. Nice to see the consistency in UI presentation across platforms.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version