Author Topic: GTK server Linux 32bit  (Read 21043 times)

RONB

GTK server Linux 32bit
« on: March 04, 2013, 09:44:55 AM »
This is GTK server 2.3 build 1 second release.
Complied for scriptbasic Linux 32bit on a Debian 6.0 box.
Tested with scriptbasic 2.1 and SB2b1_Ubuntu32

Information and examples can be found on the developers web site.
http://www.gtk-server.org/

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: GTK server Linux 32bit
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:53:01 PM »
Peter's original HUG effort was done under ScriptBasic GTK-Server. (look at the gtk.bas include file)

I first used GTK-Server in 2005 when Peter wrapped his server as a ScriptBasic extension module. I had asked Peter if the string passing could be done via an extension module rather than via TCP and in a couple days I had a GTK.so for ScriptBasic. You will find a lot of SB code that I posted that uses GTK-Server and not as a Gtk interface but as a FFI (Foreign Function Interface) to access SQLite (before AIR's extension module) and other GNOME libraries.

GTK-Server is a ton of fun if you enjoy dynamic API scripting.

FYI: The new DLLC FFI extension module (currently just for Windows) leaves any other FFI library out there in the dust. Direct COM vTABLE dynamic function/method calling has already been demonstrating with the MS SAPI sound COM object.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 07:59:58 PM »
Your right, it was difficult to find. (Posted HERE) I didn't realize how many posts I made GTK-Server related. I hope some of that code is useful to you.

Have you given up on IUP?

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 02:19:22 PM »
77 bytes ???  (corrupted download is all I can say) I'll post another Ubuntu 32 ScriptBasic iup.so for you to try.

The GTK-Server was customized a bit (look at some of my iDLL SB examples) to be more of a generic FFI interface.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 08:08:16 PM »
This zipped copy of the ScriptBasic iup.so is 79 KB in size. It works fine with my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32 bit version.