Author Topic: Samsung vs. Apple  (Read 21295 times)

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Samsung vs. Apple
« on: June 27, 2012, 11:34:05 AM »
Apple wins U.S. sales injunction against Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Apple has prevailed in seeking a preliminary sales injunction against Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet over the alleged infringement of the iPad’s patented design.

The win marks a major victory for Apple in the ongoing “thermonuclear war” against rival mobile operating system Google’s Android.

U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh previously rejected Apple’s attempt to block the tablet in the U.S., but was forced to reconsider her position following an appeals court ruling.

Once Apple posts a $2.6 million bond to protect Samsung against damages should the injunction be appealed and overturned, the sales ban can come into force.

Sure glad I got mine in time. You may want to run down to your favorite electronics store and pick one up before they are all gone. I bet the phone carriers selling the SGT2_10.1 are PISSED!!!  

Update

It looks like this injunction only covers the original Galaxy Tab and not the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet. Why would Apple go for an injunction on an obsolete device? The Tab 2 is almost a clone. (speakers now in front, and a few minor improvements over the original)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:09:57 PM by support »

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Samsung vs. Apple
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 10:01:57 AM »
Round II

Samsung takes another hit from Apple with an injunction on sales of the Galaxy Nexus. I thought I would start a list of Apple attacks to see how far this greed factor has evolved.

• Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  • Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I'm willing to bet that the Galaxy S III is next on the list.

Update

It looks like Apple already tried to prevent the Galaxy S III from hitting US markets but failed in the attempt. I see this as only round one with the S III and with the win with the Tab 10.1 and Nexus, the tide may be turning for Apple.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:42:26 PM by support »

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Samsung vs. Apple
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 06:11:59 PM »
Apple wins sales ban on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet

I wonder how long before the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is restricted in the U.S. market?

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 06:18:04 PM »

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:47:22 AM »
Samsung and Google need a new dress

Quote from: Jason Perlow-ZDNet
In plain English: It could be that Apple mobile device industrial design and user interface is the only kind that consumers really want.

I hope he is wrong, but he may be right. And if that's the case, there isn't a dress that Samsung or Google can put on Android devices that will make them look pretty in the eyes of the smartphone and tablet-buying public.

kryton9

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 07:39:48 PM »
This is sooooooo funnnnny about Apple and its lawsuits :)  Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAtje5weAU0