Author Topic: OSX Snow Leopard - ScriptBasic Installer  (Read 29208 times)

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OSX Snow Leopard - ScriptBasic Installer
« on: February 20, 2012, 07:49:56 PM »
Quote from: Armando I. Rivera (AIR)
I wanted to see if SB would work under OSX Lion, and ran into a bunch of issues getting it to compile.  I wasn't able to work those out fully, so instead I compiled it under Snow Leopard.  Note that for maximum compatibility, I compiled it for 32bit.

One of the things that's always bugged me about SB's "installer" is the fact that by default the System bin and lib folders are used.  For any add-on, /usr/local should be used.  So I reconfigured SB to do just that.

One thing you will find is that without a proper installer, most Mac users won't bother trying it out.  Since I had to test a new package installer program for work, I decided to create a proper Mac installer for SB.  I placed the installer within a DMG file, which is like an ISO under other OS's, which Macs can mount directly with a double-click.

The installed folder structure looks like this:
Code: [Select]
/usr/local
   --bin
     --scriba
     --sbhttpd
  --lib
    --scriba
    --scriba
      --examples
      --include
      --source
      --Script Basic User Guide.pdf

/etc
  --scriba
    --basic.conf

Screen Shots

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:57:37 PM by support »

Airr

Re: OSX Snow Leopard - ScriptBasic Installer
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »
FYI, even though it was built under Snow Leopard, it installs/runs fine under Lion.

A.

BPak

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 05:53:16 PM »
I have Mac OS X Lion

Do I need any other files installed on my Mac other than this ScriptBasic Install?

I have X11 on the mac.

BPak

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 11:20:29 PM »
This was assembled by AIR. (Armando) As far as I know, (not owning an Apple product) it's ready to rock & roll as soon as the install script is complete.

BPak

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 03:34:45 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Does AIR work on this site or a different place for the Mac Script?

A lot of progs require the XCode to be installed?

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »
ScriptBasic by default is an embeddable scripting API using a traditional Basic like syntax. The distribution includes a console mode interpreter using C as the wrapper exposing the API's use. To demonstrate the thread aware aspect of the API, a multi-threaded HTTPD web server as a service is provided. The extension module API provides a seamless interface to common libraries like cURL, MySQL and SQLite.

AIR is a ghost that roams the SB halls. If your lucky enough to attract his attention, he may share a secrete or two with you.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:07:52 PM by support »

BPak

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 05:01:35 PM »
Thank you for reply.
Notice in the forum that Air is in the AllBasic forum you have with his MAC progs.
My old log in is not working for AllBasic.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 08:02:02 PM »
AIR is a member / developer in this forum as well. All I can say is post your question and if he finds time he will respond. ScriptBasic is open source and supported by contributions of efforts like AIR's and others.