Author Topic: scribaw  (Read 17946 times)

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
scribaw
« on: January 10, 2012, 07:09:47 PM »
Attached (see a few post down) is a 32 bit version of ScriptBasic for Windows that doesn't create a console window. Works great with IUP based GUI programs.

If you want to create a standalone Windows GUI executable without compiling, use the following command like switches with scribaw.

scribaw -Eo myGUIapp.exe myGUIapp.sb

This appends the script to the end of a copy of scribaw which always checks for an attached script before running anything passed to it on the command line.

Another option for small standalone executable scripts is compiling them with C.

scribaw -Co myGUIapp.c myGUIapp.sb

This will create a .exe GUI program in the range of 50 to 100K  and use libscriba.dll for the runtime library.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:45:37 PM by support »

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: scribaw
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 11:41:53 AM »
I noticed that scribaw.exe with the current iup.dll wasn't allowing the XP theme to work. Since the ScriptBasic interpreter is now a true windows program (not a console application) the responsibility of theme suport seems to have shifted to the interpreter. If you add the following manifest file to where you have scribaw.exe located, theme support should work again. I'm working in getting this linked in as a resource and eliminate the manifest file all together.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
<assemblyIdentity
    version="3.0.0.0"
    processorArchitecture="x86"
    name="IupApp"
    type="win32"
/>
<description>Iup Application</description>
<dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity
            type="win32"
            name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
            version="6.0.0.0"
            processorArchitecture="x86"
            publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
            language="*"
        />
    </dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
</assembly>

Save the file as scribaw.exe.manifest.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 12:41:19 PM »
The attached zip contains scribaw.exe the has the manifest resource linked in. (no need for the scribaw.exe.manifest file any longer)

This actually worked out pretty well. I can use scriba.exe (console version) for development and debugging and scribaw.exe for running the completed application.

It would great if someone can give this a try on Windows 7. I only have XP SP3 in a VirtualBox under Linux. A screen shot of any of the example code I posted would be a big plus.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:44:23 PM by support »

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 11:42:45 PM »
If you use the -Eo option and make a .exe of your application, the iup.dll (SB version) is the only other dependency you have.

Thanks for testing ScriptBasic and providing your feedback. Your request initiated the true Windows version (not a console application) of ScriptBasic.