Author Topic: ideas for an IDE  (Read 7257 times)

patforkin

ideas for an IDE
« on: August 09, 2011, 09:28:37 AM »
Hello!
Somewhere I came across the statement that the editor SED was being used or being tried as an IDE with ScriptBasic.
If this is the case, I would like to find out more.
I am in search of an editor or an IDE with which I can explore the concept of text sentences being treated as records, with the words in them being treated as fields.
I am sure that it would make what I do, in terms of text manipulation, very much easier.
I'd be grateful for ideas or suggestions.
Thanks and kind regards, patforkin.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ideas for an IDE
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 01:28:48 PM »
Hi Pat,

One of ScriptBasic's strongest features is it's text processing abilities. You can create strings a large as available memory. I have personally created 2 GB strings without issue. You may want to look into SB's mixed array feature (standard and associative) to create complex structures. The SPLITA is a very powerful function. I created a 1.4 million element array of every word in the Bible (old code challenge) with this language keyword.

I'm happy to help if you post a bit more on what you're trying to accomplish.

John

patforkin

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 09:29:47 AM »
Hello John!
I thank you for the response.
It is now 18.30 local time on Wednesday.
Within 24 hours, I will send you a description of what I am trying to do.
I say 24 hours because I want a little time, to try to be as precise as I can.
I also want to make the task as simple as I can make it and as useful as I can.
Any way, thanks once again, patforkin.

patforkin

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 02:20:22 AM »
Hello John!
The document I promised to write has now been written and awaits my "send" trigger.
What I have built as a translation framework functions well, is being this week Copyright registered in my name and will be published as an e-Book next week.
As I indicated I chose not to try and program but to create a workspace concept in which the steps can be easily undertaken and processed.
Why I chose this route is difficult to describe, but I find all programming languages as having been devised without any real understanding of the tasks for which they will be used. The document I have written, when I release it can lead to others doing what I am doing. If there is a way that I can share the content with you without it going further, then maybe that is a possible choice.
For the concept of a "workspace", I have developed the following frameworks for the execution of a set of steps in a process.
1. Translation framework - English to German.
2. Framework for writing correct English sentences.
It has a tutorial, a notation database, comprehensive how-to-correct material and ends with an essay on the subject.
3. Internet research based on the use of hypotheses.
Creating visual models of the hypotheses and deriving search argumants from them.
4. Personal knowledge management scheme to creat writing projects using the other models or frameworks.
5. Personal Knowledge Management for professional users to create a PKM for their own job activities.
It uses again all of my models and frameworks but describes 15 different job spectrums to explain how.
There will be e-Books on all of the ten frameworks published from now until early 2012.
The key one momentarily is the translation framework because with it I can translate all of my material into German.
I use it but without any step automation it is slow.
What I want from a programming language is the ability to create simple "one-liners" for tasks and if possible compile and execute them from a cmd-line interface.
Because I am convinced of that possibility, when it is realised it will lead to an IDE for professional users to do the same with their desktop tasks.
I am already creating, using an outliner, the structure of the IDE with all of my tasks within it and when it is released with "one-liners" for each  task.
What do you propose?
Regards, patforkin.