Author Topic: email through sb?  (Read 7768 times)

nime

email through sb?
« on: January 02, 2011, 04:20:28 AM »
Hello and happy new year to all.
What interesting me is a way to send email through sb.
I would like to fill email data and create attachment through my program and then call sb program (through shell, system or other way) to send it to filled addres.
I tryed with c and curl but without success.
Is this possible with sb and how?
Any recommendation or example will be appreciate.
Of course, I would like cross-platform solution :)
Thanks, nime.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: email through sb?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 10:05:06 AM »
Welcome nime to the ScriptBasic forum / open source project.

I use Linux mutt as a e-mail client to send e-mail as a SYSTEM command from SB. Automation of e-mail delivery under Windows is something I have no experience with. I have a client that uses a 3rd party standalone mass mailing package. (which there are many) Have you considered using a web based service which would allow you to use ScriptBasic on any platform to interface with it?

The cURL extension module is great for HTTP and FTP protocols. I spent an hour or so researching how to use cURL for e-mail and gave up after multiple dead ends.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:09:29 AM by support »

nime

Re: email through sb?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »
Hello support,
I understand you regarding cURL. I lost two days for reading and trying :(
Obviously this can be possible but here MUST be a reason that all compiled cURL packages are not compiled with all possible protocols. At this way also all code samples at cURL page don't work with all versions of cURL binaries which can be downloaded there. Same applyes to Curl.exe, cUrl.dll and libcurl.
If you ever find a solution with cURL please - remember me.
In windows I uses pdfCreator which make my pdf or image documents (instead of printer) and pack them to MS email program (outlook?). I suppose similar would be with mutt.
But what I search for is to send mail without email program which can send mails in background directly from my program to email address also from program.
I think that will go much faster and more directly but I can't find solution.

OK, just ask.
now I would take time to introduce myself with your very interesting BASIC.
Thanks for reply, nime.