ScriptBasic > Download

ScriptBasic 2.1 Linux

(1/2) > >>

Support:
I'm pleased to announce that the first release candidate for ScriptBasic 2.1 Linux is available.

The ODBC interface has changed from unixODBC to iODBC to align with the OS X version.

Download

[*]download the compressed tar file to your /usr/src directory
[*]In your Linux console, cd to /usr/scr and type bunzip2 SB_2.1_RC1_Linux.tbz
[*]this creates a SB_2.1_RC1_Linux.tar file.
[*]extract the tar file with tar -xvf SB_2.1_RC1_Linux.tar
[*]this creates a scriptbasic directory with everything needed to install ScriptBasic
[*]cd into the scriptbasic directory and type ./install.sh
[/list]

You are now able to use ScriptBasic

E.K.Virtanen:
Works like a glove with these informations. From where i can get all the modules (gtk.bas etc.)? Cant find them...though not first time when i dont see something that is in front of my eyes.

Support:
The following is the latest source. (as far as I'm aware of)

ScriptBasic Linux 2.1

Build Process

[*]Uncompressed the archive. (creates a scriptbasic directory)
[*]./setup  (builds the complete ScriptBasic language from scratch) It's a good idea to remove the last bin directory that was previously created.
[*]./setup --install  (installs ScriptBasic and creates a default binary version of the configuration file)
[/list]

Known Successful Builds:

[*]CentOS 5.4 (32 bit)
[*]Ubuntu (32 bit)
[/list]

Please reply to this topic thread if you have successfully compiled ScriptBasic on a Linux version not mentioned yet.

Note: In the next build, the BDB (Berkeley DB) and PSQL (PostgreSQL) extension modules will no longer be included or supported. (use at your own risk)

midiwall:
Two notes on compile/install:

[*]When I unpacked the sources, setup didn't come out with -x permissions
[*]When compiling on ubuntu, I had permission errors and had to "sudo ___" the 3 steps (./setup, ./setup --install, ./install.sh)[/list]

Support:
Thanks for your feedback!

I will be creating new docs for the compiling process as time permits. If you can post your steps as a guide, it would help the project along.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version