Author Topic: Installing Script Basic V2.1  (Read 36545 times)

Michael

Installing Script Basic V2.1
« on: April 12, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »
Hello,

I have been using ScriptBasic on and off for five years now. Originally V1.29 and then V1.30. These have run under various Linuxes – RedHat followed by SuSe 9.0 and then 10.0. I am now trying to set up V2.1 under SuSe 10.2. This is the first time I have had problems but I would be the first to admit it may be because I am more of an applications programmer than an OS guru. I  downloaded ScriptBasic from: -

http://www.scriptbasic.org/download/scriba_v2.1-scr.zip

After unzipping I ran “./setup” which came up with “Invalid option”. Therefore I ran   “perl setup.pl --unix $*” which it calls. Towards the end of the output generated in came up with

“scriba executable FAIL
sbhttpd executable FAIL
libscriba library FAIL”

before some dll and lib fails which do not seem uncommon.

SuSe` was installed, for me, from a single CD rather than the more usual 4 CD set, or single DVD. I found initially that ‘C’ and ‘make’ were missing and have retrospectively installed these. I am now totally stuck. Any ideas? Is there any fairly comprehensive documentation that might help me or might it be related to the SuSe 10.2 subset that was installed?

Thank you in anticipation.

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 08:42:23 PM »
If your using GCC 4.x then you need to download the ScriptBasic changes  that Peter made for the depreciated compiler functionality.

http://scriptbasic.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99

John

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 11:32:01 PM »
I also wanted to mention that if your compiling the source on Linux, you need to convert it to linefeed only. There is a convert Perl script that does that for you. (see install instructions for *nix)

John

Michael

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 07:30:06 AM »
John,

A belated thanks for this information. There were a few additional minor issues before I could compile successfully plus I noted that the syntax check is a bit tighter. Now I am working through and testing the software suite.

Regards,

Michael  :)

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 05:40:58 PM »
Michael,

Good to hear that you achieved a clean compile.

What version of *nix are you using?

John

Michael

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 03:53:26 AM »
Hello John,

I am now running SuSe 10.3.

Best regards,

Michael...

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 01:27:49 AM »
Quote from: "Michael"
Hello John,

I am now running SuSe 10.3.

Best regards,

Michael...

Was there anything special needed for SuSe 10.3 we should all know about?

If you could build an install file and send it to me, I'll post it as a user contributed build.

John

Michael

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 08:53:39 AM »
Hello John,

Apologies for the long delay in replying. Our anti-spam software seems to think that messages from the forum are spam! I am not familiar with generating install scripts. Once I got going I worked around the problems as they occured. I did make a few notes; maybe I can do something with these. If I have a start I may be able to do something.

Reagards,

Michael

Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 02:53:59 PM »
I did make a few notes; maybe I can do something with these.

That would be great. Just to let folks know that it runs on Mac OS X is good news in itself. I just finished compiling a Ubuntu Hardy set with all the latest libs. I'll post a .deb install once I finish testing.

Help and code contributions are much appreciated. (see 2.2 goals if you have some free time on your hands)

John